So I am in a new area now, and I am very excited to be here. My companion is Elder Berry from West Valley, Utah and he is pretty cool. He plays soccer.
They had a dancing/gymnastics meet last weekend. It was basically supposed to be interpretive dance with some gymnastics mixed in. I can honestly say that my companion and I could put on a better show than them. It looked like a stake dance out there. It was just.... so sad.
So here is an interesting story... In Denmark, one of the main forms of transportation is by bus or by train. So, when we transfer, we usually take a train. My new companion and I went to the train station and looked at the sign. We went to the track that the train should be at, and when it came, we got on. As we sat down we saw that this was the wrong train -- in fact, it was going in the exact opposite direction of where we wanted to go. So, we kind of just sat there until it got to that station, where we got off, waited an hour for the next train down to our area, then got onto that one. We were sitting in a compartment for people with bikes, strollers, luggage or other large things. We were with this crazy drunk biker guy and this mother with a 2-month old baby in her stroller. So basically, 10 minutes after the train left the station, the train caught fire above where we were and the room filled with tons and tons of smoke. The train took a minute to stop, and the mother of that baby was not too happy. So, they opened the doors and let the place air out, then they took the train back to the station where we waited to get another one and eventually got home later that night. It is crazy to think that the Diesel gas in the train could have blown at any moment.
On a less life-threatening note, I saw Jesus in sacrament meeting last Sunday. The actor for Jesus in the Testaments is a Dane and actually visited our ward then. It was pretty cool. He is way nice.
Also, today I was buying some slacks and the cashier asked me if I wanted a discount. So, in my nonchalant way I replied no because I thought she asked if I wanted to buy a bag (plastic and paper bags cost money here). Ya. Sad. I should stop doing that.
Well, that is about it for this week. I am excited to serve the people here, and I am excited not to have died on a death train. That is all.
Elder Eisert and his new companion, Elder Berry
New apartment - kitchen and living room

Love your posts
ReplyDelete