Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter from Elder Eisert - July 29th, 2013

So, let me see....

Things that I did this week were:

I contacted a real Russian man. He did have an accent. It was awesome.

I made no-bake cookies out of the leftover mysli that I had. They were actually pretty good.

Sister Pearson made cobbler. It was good. We have no Dutch Ovens, but she still pulled it off. Not bad.

There is an American in the ward who is married to a Dane. He is a nerd like me. We get along. He has Star Trek and Star Gate things all over his house. YES!

So there is a more recent translation of the BoM into Danish from English. It is a bit more modern language. The people (at least the older people) in the ward like to say that the older translation is more true. Haha. So, whenever we are reading along in church and they say something different than what our book says, my companion and I look at each other and say `It is sand Mormons Bog!´ (that was Danglish for `It is the True Book of Mormon!`)

I played some serious Basketball with Danes the other day. Ya, they are not as good as Americans. They listen to rap stuff while they play. Whenever I pass the court, I laugh inside because it sounds like an outdoor court in LA but all of the people there are white.... and have bad form.

There is a drug lord that lives above us. We hear people going up all of the time. It gets pretty interesting. Along with that, missionaries have lived in our apt for about 20 years, so everybody knows where we live. We met a guy just the other day that left the church in the 90´s and he asked if we lived there still. Crazy. So, rumor has it that people will say `Lets go visit the missionaries´ if they are going to get some drugs.

We have 1 progressing investigator that we hope will be baptized this coming month. We will have to see what happens. I am excited for him.

Well... That is about it!

What Elder Eisert eats for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment