Monday, June 3, 2013

Letter from Elder Eisert - June 3rd, 2013

This week has been interesting. Here are some of the quotes of the week:

(Context: we are talking about a crazy person)
"...Let's just say that they're a couple of french fries short of a Happy Meal" - Elder DeMarco
(Context: we see some 'gangsta wannabes')
"They just SCREAM success -- they're going to go places in life." -- Elder DeMarco
(Context: In relation to Elder Whitaker's driving)
"I get the job done, I get it done right, but it ain't pretty" --Elder Whitaker
(Context: unneeded)
"Anyone that tells you that Sunday is a day of rest needs to be dragged out into the street and shot" --Elder Whitaker


So, we had a few neat experiences this week also. They include:

-In 1.5 hours and using one block of the street, we:
-Got 1 new investigator
-Placed 2 BoMs
-Started the reactivation of 1 less-active member
-Got 3 other return appointments

If you did not know, that is pretty amazing. It was so cool that that happened!

Last night we ate authentic Filipino food -- it was interesting. Ya.... I ate all of it though!

It is starting to get pretty hot here. The estimates for the end of the week are about 111 degrees. WOW!

My companions and I are pretty happy together. We like to harmonize at random times in the day... For example, after each prayer we will say 'amen' once, then after that we will harmonize saying 'amen' a few times. We are weird.

So, I have officially made 2 members of the ward cry.... Not in the bad way. Both times was after I offered a prayer in Danish that blessed their home. This was mentioned in Testimony Meeting yesterday.

Umm... We dropped a lot of our investigators so that we could find the 'special few' instead of the 'insignificant many' -- meaning not that they are insignificant but that our efforts will be if we continue to teach them while they are not ready yet. Their time will come.

There was an African American man that we contacted that sounded and acted very similarly to Chris Tucker.

We brought a 9-year-old girl to sacrament meeting last Sunday. It was just us 3 that were responsible for her. I think am beginning to understand parenthood a tiny bit. Wow....

We taught the plan of the restoration to a man that is under house arrest and that has 30+ felonies and that wants to change his life around. The Spirit was so strong that both us and him could feel a change in his house and in his countenance. The First Vision is a powerful story.

Anyway, that is it for this week.

Elder Eisert's new apartment and companions:



2 comments:

  1. Really enjoy reading your blog. Your spirit is inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are a highlight of my week! I love the spirit they bring and the humor!

    ReplyDelete