Monday, June 17, 2013

Letter from Elder Eisert (in DENMARK!) - June 17th, 2013

Well.... this is interesting.

I am finally in Denmark. It is pretty cool. The jet lag was not as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty bad. The thing that I saw first was that the area around here is so green! The buildings are very old and they are also very small.... Our apartment is tiny and it costs about 800-900 USD a month, not including utilities. Ya... The other thing that I noticed is that there are more thin people than thick. They dress very stylish here, and so there is a chance that I may come back with a sense of style too. That will be interesting at BYU.

One of the quotes that I said that I like is "More often than not, we get 2 or more fingers waved at us than just the 1". The people here are very nice, most of the time. We have had quite a few birds here though too... The smiles and waves that we get make up for it though.

There is some pornography here. We do not look at the busses or at the advertisements in some of the windows, especially photography or art shop windows... It is sad how much they are influenced by that.

Well, I honestly do not know what else to talk about yet. I will have to talk about things that I find out a bit later. Ya.

Frederiksborg Castle


Elder Eisert's apartment (not sure which one is his, he didn't specify which building)

1 comment:

  1. awesome pictures, how do you like the weather? The cold even in summer was what I remember. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete